Take Control of Your Development
Testosterone is a hormone vital in the male development of certain characteristics. It is also essential in maintaining men’s energy, bone density, muscle bulk, adequate red blood cell levels, and overall wellness. Just like women, men also undergo an age-related hormone fluctuation and can lead to the condition termed andropause. Luckily, we at PrimeHealth Asheville are equipped with a variety of hormone replacement therapy options to choose from to help combat the mental and physical changes that follow the arrival of andropause.
Call our practice in Asheville at (828) 705-3520 today for a consultation.
Testosterone Deficiency & Its Implications
Testosterone levels tend to peak during puberty and early adulthood, and past the age of 30 is when the hormone levels start to naturally decline. Some men do not get their quality of life affected by such hormonal changes, but for those that do, the effects can be a nuisance.
While men by no means whatsoever experience menopause the way that women do, some of the symptoms caused as a result of andropause include:
- Loss of muscle tissue and strength
- Bone and hair loss
- Increase in body fat
- The decline in sex drive and erectile dysfunction
- Changes in mood and behavior
- Issues with concentration and memory
- Fatigue, lack of energy, and insomnia
- Aches and pains, and increased risk of fractures
- Hot flashes and sweating
Testosterone Treatment Methods
The only way to be certain that you are experiencing low levels of testosterone is to have some of your blood drawn and tested. Our specialists at PrimeHealth Asheville are able to perform bloodwork and have your hormone levels analyzed at our lab to verify for any indications of andropause and the right course of action to take following your results/diagnosis.
Our testosterone replacement treatments can be administered in several ways:
- Topical gels: This prescribed gel is applied daily on the upper arms, shoulders, or back, and is directly absorbed through the skin.
- Skin patches: These patches are applied once a day on the abdomen, arm, back, and buttocks, and works like gels via skin absorption.
- Sublingual lozenges: This oral treatment option goes directly under the tongue and releases the hormone into your bloodstream through the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Testosterone injections: These long-acting injections are injected into your muscle and are given every 10-14 days.
Contact us online for more information about our testosterone management services!
“After a brief stent with another doctor, I decided to spend the extra money and join the “concierge” practice... it was the best decision I’ve made in a long time.”- Shane C.
“I can not thank Dr. Gardner and his staff enough for going to concierge services. They give amazing personalized care that is lost in today’s medical world. They now have the time to get to know YOU. The office is extremely calm and welcoming.”- Cristie K.
“Dr Gardner is fantastic and the staff is wonderful. Best healthcare you will find!! I recommend them to all my friends.”- Greg K.
Experienced Team That Cares & Puts Your Medical Needs First
Access to Your Physician After Hours & for Emergencies
Payment Plans Available for Memberships
Free 30 Minute Meet-and-Greet Before Starting a Membership