About PrimeHealth Asheville
Committed to Your Long-Term Wellness
PrimeHealth Asheville is a small, patient-centered concierge medical practice in Asheville dedicated to providing excellent individualized care in an atmosphere of warmth and compassion.
Benefits of our practice include:
- All visits will be with a medical doctor
- Longer visits including one hour for annual exam
- On-time visits because your time is valuable too
- 24-hour phone access to a doctor
- Same-day or next-day appointments
- Approved by most health insurance companies and Medicare as in-network, allowing you to use your existing plan
- Personalized care and a plan that you and your doctor design together
- Lifestyle coaching and goal setting
- Telephone consultation when a visit to the office is not necessary
Call us at (828) 705-3520 today to schedule a consultation with our medical team.
You will receive a high level of service and medical care. We are certified with NCQA which ensures standards of care and coordination of patient services. Insurance companies and Medicare have continued to increase rules and regulations on medical offices. We will maintain these standards and procedures but will not let them stand in the way of caring for you. At PrimeHealth Asheville, your health comes first.
Meet our staff:
- Dr. John Gardner: Board Certified Family Doctor
- Lena Laughter: Practice Manager
- Jennifer Green, CMA: Chronic Care Health Coach
- Susan Arrowood: Medical Assistant
Meet John Gardner, MD
Dr. John Gardner is a board-certified family physician with over fifteen years of experience. He grew up in a small town in Georgia, the son of a solo physician. After studying engineering at Georgia Tech, he worked in the software consulting industry in Atlanta and in Germany. After a few years, he felt called to study medicine. He graduated from the Medical College of Georgia in 1999 and completed his residency program in family medicine at Moses Cone Hospital in Greensboro, a UNC Chapel Hill affiliated program. He is board certified by the American Board of Family Physicians. He then moved to Asheville to begin his career as a family doctor and to raise his family. He opened Apple Valley Family Medicine where he has proudly provided quality care for thousands of people over the past fifteen years. Recent changes in the health care industry have required him to spend more time on regulations and documentation, a frustration he feels takes away from caring for patients. This desire to be patient-centered led him to establish PrimeHealth Asheville. An attentive listener with an analytical view, he promotes and encourages lifestyle changes as a first approach, relying on medication only when needed.
With four teenagers, Dr. Gardner and his wife are blessed with a busy family life. Coaching his son’s football team, helping with math homework, racing his car at the track, and enjoying date night with his wife assure he is well-versed in everyday living.
To get started, contact our Asheville medical practice today! We are here to help you however we can.